Out & About: Things to do nearby RED Apartments
Whether you prefer walking, cycling, or a quick drive, you’re surrounded by endless attractions and activities just outside your apartment door in the Red Experience District. Discover a vibrant neighborhood ready for exploration and excitement!
NO PLACE LIKE MIDTOWN
One mile down the road, Reno’s most vibrant neighborhood offers a world of eats, shopping and nightlife to explore. Here are just a few of the eclectic businesses worth checking out:
- Try the meats smoked daily at Brother’s BBQ.
- Love a great deli sandwich? Head to the Full Belly Deli.
- Local Beer Works features an upscale tasting room and a unique interactive culture for exploring new craft beers.
- Micano Home is fun for window shopping or finding one-of-a-kind décor for your apartment or patio.
- The Melting Pot World Emporium offers imported incense, oils and other items from India, Nepal, Bali and Thailand, along with handcrafted products created by local indie artisans.
- The Savage Mystic Art gallery is a fine art gallery focusing on spirituality.
- Hop in a Pineapple Pedicab for a fun, eco-friendly way to see the city or get around.
- Find all your spicy favorites at Moo Dang Thai.
- Enjoy an elegant evening out at Midtown Spirits, Wine and Bites.
- The Pangolin Café is your home for craft coffee, Turkish delight and other fine confectionery.
- Rum Sugar Lime offers a taste of the tropics in Reno as the city’s finest rum bar.
- Piñon Bottle Co. is the favorite local destination for filling your growler or discovering something new on tap.
TAKING CARE OF ESSENTIALS
Situated one mile from REI and Costco and just steps away from Sprouts Farmers Market, handling your daily shopping is easy. For additional grocery options, both 168 Asian Market and Marketon are within walking distance of the community.
TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME
It’s hard to beat the simple pleasure of enjoying a beer and a hot dog at the ballpark. Greater Nevada Field is just 2.3 miles away for a fun outing to cheer on the Reno Aces.
FEEL THE MUSIC
Reno offers an incredible selection of music venues and arenas of all sizes. When you call the Reno Experience District home, you’re just a short jaunt from exciting live shows all year long. Here’s just a taste of the action.
- Two miles to Cargo Concert Hall
- Two miles to the Reno Events Center, host to top-tier performers
- Three miles from the beautiful Grand Theatre, featuring plush seating and astounding acoustics
- Six miles from the Nugget Event Center, the area’s newest concert venue with seating for 8,000+ and an impressive calendar of headlining acts
CULTURE & ARTS
Living close to the only American Alliance of Museums accredited art museum in the state of Nevada gives residents access to an always changing selection of meaningful cultural experiences. Discover impressive permanent collections and top-flight temporary exhibitions at the Nevada Museum of Art.
Whether your sport is golf, tennis or hiking, you don’t need to go far to get outside and make it happen.
- Washoe Golf Course sits less than two miles from the Reno Experience District, offering 6,695 yards of play over 18 holes plus putting and chipping greens and a full-length range.
- Keep your racquet strung and ready to go. Reno Tennis Center is just a hair over a mile away. Washoe Tennis Club is just south of the golf course.
- Rattlesnake Mountain is four miles to the southeast. A popular destination for hiking or birding.
- Virginia Lake Park is located a short walk across S Virginia St. Featuring a paved walkway around the lake, a playground and a dog park, this is a great spot to relax by the water and watch the ducks and geese.
For as cool as Reno is, wanderlust gets the best of everyone. With Reno-Tahoe International Airport located two miles from the community, weekend getaways or longer journeys are a breeze. Forget about hounding your friends for a ride or dealing with airport parking, book an Uber and you’ll go from doorstep to check-in in under ten minutes.